Our Admissions Office will walk you step by step through the application process to make it as simple as possible.
After you submit a completed application, follow the checklist below to finish the admissions process. When you have finished all items on the checklist, you’ll be ready to meet with an advisor and register for classes.
You cannot enroll in classes until all required documents have been received and approved by the Admissions Office.
Step 2: Official High School Transcript
IMPORTANT: Your official high school transcript must be directly from your high school showing your graduation date with an official high school seal.
Your transcript must show all sections of standardized testing you’ve passed (TAKS/TAAS/TEAMS/STAAR).
If you did not graduate high school…
Non-high school graduates must provide a state-issued GED certificate or transcript (available for request online).
You can take GED Classes through the Jacksonville Literary Council.
Step 3: Official ACT or SAT scores
For ACT testing information, contact the training center at email@example.com
Please note that Jacksonville College does not proctor SAT, only ACT.
Step 4: Apply For Financial Aid
FAFSA: Complete your FAFSA (Jacksonville College code: 003579).
SCHOLARSHIPS, DISCOUNTS & GRANTS: Complete your scholarship, discount and grant form.
If you’re not sure if you qualify for a scholarship, discount or grant, no problem. Simply complete any form you believe you may qualify for. The Director of Financial Aid will assist you in receiving the award best fitted for you.
Residency Info: Complete the Oath and Residency Information form (for Texas residents ONLY).
Step 5: Evidence Of Meningitis Vaccination
The State of Texas has passed a new law (HR 4189) that requires all first-time freshmen and transfer students under the age of 22 to have a vaccination against bacterial meningitis.
One of the following is required:
- Evidence that the student has received the vaccination (student must have received vaccination at least 10 days prior to living on campus) must be submitted in one of the following formats:
- A document bearing the signature or stamp of the physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel
- An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority (must include the month, day, and year the vaccination was administered)
- An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state (must include the month, day, and year the vaccination was administered)
- Evidence that the student is declining the vaccination must be submitted in one of the following two formats:
- An affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is stated that, in the physician’s opinion, the vaccination required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student
- An affidavit signed by the student stating that the student declines the vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. A conscientious exemption form (“Affidavit Request for Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience“) from the Texas Department of State Health Services must be used.
Step 6: Final Documents
All required documents must be submitted before you may register for courses.
Unofficial documents may be submitted via one of the following:
Empower: Upload directly to your account
Mail: Jacksonville College
105 B.J. Albritton Drive
Jacksonville, TX 75766
*Official documents must be sentdirectly to Jacksonville College (ATTN: Admissions).
Priority deadline for Fall admission is June 1. Priority deadline for Spring admission is December 1. You may apply after these dates, but you must work quickly to have all requirements/documents turned in before the start of each term.
View the Academic Calendar for term start dates.
Step 7: Student Residence (if living on campus)
If you plan to live on campus, you must complete the following requirements to be guaranteed a bed on campus. If you do not complete these requirements, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Complete admission checklist and receive an official acceptance from Jacksonville College.
- Complete a Housing Reservation request via Empower.
- Pay a $100.00 room reservation via Empower.
- Print the Residential Packing List.
- View the Jacksonville College Student Handbook for guidelines on code of conduct, curfew, and room inspections.
“I completed the application checklist. What now?”
Be sure to check with Admissions a few business days after completing the checklist to verify everything was submitted properly and nothing is missing. A single missing document can prolong admittance, so be sure to complete the checklist in a timely manner.
Unofficial documents may be mailed, uploaded to Empower, or scanned and emailed to the contact information below. Official documents must be sent directly to Jacksonville College (ATTN: Admissions) from the originating organization.
Other Application Checklists
If you would like to transfer to Jacksonville College from another college.
If you attend another college and only want to take a few courses at JC.
If you just want to take a few classes without pursuing a degree.
Dual Credit Students
If you’re a high school student and want to take classes for dual credit.
Have more questions?
Contact our Admissions Office.
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
Director of Admissions