Jacksonville College is a private 2-year faith-based institution located in Jacksonville, Texas.
We participate in the NJCAA Division 1 program.
This position assists in the coordination of the Jacksonville College Track and Field/Cross Country team by performing all duties assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director to the best of their ability and in a professional manner. Specifically looking for a Sprints Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching the sprints.
- Must be able to recruit successful and qualified student-athletes that fit the universities mission.
- Develop a lifting program for the sprints group.
- Work in alignment with the Jacksonville College staff toward program and institution goals.
- Hold student-athletes accountable for their academic performance within the classroom.
- Other administrative duties of the Track and Field/Cross Country program as assigned by the head
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Adherence to the Jacksonville College Mission Statement and Faith
- Successful experience as a sprints coach or athlete
- Proven organization and leadership skills
- Ability to mentor student-athletes in their development academically, spiritually, and athletically