The Head Women’s Tennis Coach performs responsible program building including planning, coaching, recruiting, managing and directing an institutional tennis program.
The Head Women’s Tennis Coach is responsible for managing various aspects of the athletic team to which assigned, including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing, scheduling, roster expectations, fundraising, student athlete retention, and recruiting. Job responsibilities require the ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Work activities are performed under limited supervision. This position exercises judgment in prioritizing, planning, and organizing own work within time, process, and results requirements; has some flexibility to modify workflow based on need and circumstances.
- Coaches the team of student athletes.
- Develops and directs game strategy and position assignments.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student athletes, as well as ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Monitors class schedules, grades and student athlete academic progress.
- Monitors the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies, including accountability for expense control of the sport’s budget.
- Adheres to all rules and regulations set forth for the team and the institution, as well as the appropriate conference and athletic association.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, attends department meetings and activities, and always represents the institution positively when interacting with the community, alumni, media and general public.
- Maintains an atmosphere conducive to a private, Christian college.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 year + Experience coaching an athletic program relevant to the area of assignment in high school, junior college or college is required
Jacksonville College (http://www.jacksonvillecollege.edu) is the oldest 2 year Christian college in Texas. We provide Christ-centered teaching and training that prepares students to lead meaningful lives that transform the world. Jacksonville College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the following: Associate Degree, Junior College Diploma, and Continuing Education Units.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, and retirement
Applicants must agree to the Jacksonville College statement of faith.
Successfully passing a background screening report is required for final employment.
Jacksonville College is a tobacco-free campus.