Welcome to the JC Registrar’s Office!  From your first class day until your walk across the graduation stage, the Office of the Registrar follows you during your time at Jacksonville College. 

Some of the office’s key duties include maintaining all student records, registration, processing official transcripts, the processing of grades at the end of each term, degree audits, and certification of graduates.

How to Request an Official Transcript

​Jacksonville College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web at any time, 24/7.  Students and alumni can order transcripts using any major credit card, cash or check cannot be accepted. The base cost for a transcript is $7.50, price changes depending on requesters sending method (Ex: $9.25 for electronic). Transcripts can be sent via USPS mail service, electronic, or picked up in person upon notification that order is ready. The card used for payment will only be charged after the order has been completed. Jacksonville College will only accept transcript requests that come through National Student Clearinghouse.

Note: A transcript will only be sent if the student has met all financial obligations and completed all admission requirements to Jacksonville College.

The National Clearinghouse site will guide students and alumni through placing an order, including delivery options and fees.  Multiple transcripts to multiple recipients can be ordered in one online session. Order updates can be sent via text alerts, email or tracked online.  To obtain a copy of your Jacksonville College transcript, please visit the following link: National Student Clearinghouse.  For questions involving ordering a transcript, please email

How to Print an Unofficial Transcript

Unofficial transcripts are available for current and most former students to print from the Jacksonville College website. 

  • Students will log on to Empower, Select Student Records tab. 
  • Next select Transcript (Detail), click the Show/Hide button depending on which semesters you want.
  • Then click the printable version to print your transcript.

Please contact if you need assistance with login credentials for Empower. 

When to Request a Degree Audit

Students need to request a graduation degree audit online with the link provided prior to registering for their last term courses. Degree audits will be shared with the appropriate advisor and student on Google Drive via the student’s college email account as they are completed. Advisors will not be able to register a student for last term courses until the student has a degree audit from the Registrar.

How to Apply for Graduation

Students should apply for graduation once they have registered for their final term of attendance at Jacksonville College. A student must file a completed graduation application by the deadline printed in the College’s Academic Calendar. Graduation applications are available online.

  • Jacksonville College holds commencement in May each year.
  • Resident and commuter students graduating in May are required to participate in the graduation ceremony unless a waiver is obtained when applying for graduation. 
  • Distance learning students graduating in May are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremony.
  • Graduates in August and December may choose to participate in the May Commencement Ceremony and will need to contact Admissions for their cap and gown at the time of their application for graduation.  Fees for cap and gown fee must be paid when the application is submitted if the student is participating in the ceremony.
  • Students who complete their coursework in Winter Session will have their degrees conferred in May.  Students who complete their coursework in May Session or Summer Terms will have their degrees conferred in August.
  • Diplomas may be picked up at the front desk of the Norman Building once they are available. Diplomas will be mailed to those who elect that option on the graduation application.
  • Students applying for graduation also need to complete an Alumni Information Form using the link provided.

For application due dates and graduation dates, please view the Academic Calendar.

Commencement Ceremony

Jacksonville College holds commencement in May each year.  Caps and gowns are available for purchase through Admissions.  Recognition of honors will not be acknowledged during the ceremony for students who are participating but still have coursework to complete during the summer as the requirements for the degree will not have been fully met.

How to Order a Replacement Diploma

Students may request a replacement diploma by submitting a Diploma Reprint Form to the Office of the Registrar. The request must be accompanied by the required identification forms. The cost of the replacement diploma is $15.00 as cashier’s check or money order only. 

How to Request an Enrollment or a Degree Verification

Jacksonville College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications.  The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at for enrollment verifications and at for degree verifications.

Mailing Address:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, Virginia 20171

How to Find Out Who Your Advisor Is

To discover who their current advisor is, students will log on to Empower.  On the Empower homepage there is a box that shows the advisor’s name.

How and When to Register for Classes

Placement Testing begins at 8:30 AM on the stated date.

Registration begins at 8:30 AM on the stated date and closes at approximately 4:30 PM.

During early registration time, students with no holds may make an appointment with their advisor either in person, via email or phone to register for the upcoming terms. 

Any courses during registration that are pending will remain pending.  Students will need to contact their advisors to reprocess their registration once grades have been posted or holds lifted to obtain a seat in those pending courses.

For placement testing and registration dates, please view the Academic Calendar here. Please contact the Admissions Office to schedule a placement test outside of designated testing days at

To register on Empower, please read instructions here.

How to Add/Drop and Withdraw

During the add/drop period only, a student may add a course or drop a course or courses by emailing the Registrar’s Office and paying the $25.00 fee.

A student may withdraw from a course after the last day to add/drop by following the procedure as set forth by the Office of Registrar.

Students may withdraw from a class through the date indicated on the academic calendar and receive a grade of “W.” After this date, the student will receive the grade earned in the course(s).

Grades of W count as hours attempted and have financial aid ramifications, but do not affect GPA.

To withdraw from any and all courses, a student must complete an online Course(s) Withdrawal Request Form. The form will only be active and available during the time it may be used. 

For add/drop and withdrawal dates, please view the Academic Calendar. 

Final Exams and Grade Posting

For final exam and grade posting dates, please view the Academic Calendar.

How to Obtain a Waiver for PHED Requirement

Students need to request a Waiver for PHED requirement from the Office of the Registrar by completing the form found online.  Students who are over 25 years of age, veterans, and those who have a physical disability may request permission to waive the PHED requirement.  

​Students should submit completed forms and any documentation to the Office of the Registrar by mail at 105 B.J. Albritton Drive Jacksonville, TX 75766, in person to reception at Norman Building, scanned and emailed to

How to Change Name, Address, Contact Info, or Major

Student Data Change Forms are available online as well as Change of Major Forms.

Name changes must be accompanied with legal documentation of change such as marriage license, divorce decree, or court order.

Address changes must be accompanied with proof of change such as Driver’s License, State ID, or copies of bills.

Students should submit completed forms and any documentation to the Office of the Registrar by mail at 105 B.J. Albritton Drive Jacksonville, TX 75766, in person to the front desk of the Norman Building, scanned and emailed to

Non-disclosure of Directory Information

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Jacksonville College gives notice that the following directory information may be released:

  • Student’s name
  • Physical address
  • Email address
  • Telephone number
  • Date and place of birth
  • Degrees, certifications, and awards received
  • Date of graduation
  • Dates of attendance
  • Major field of study at Jacksonville College
  • Photographs
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  • Enrollment status (e.g., undergraduate or graduate; full-time or part-time)

Students may have all Directory Information withheld by submitting a Request to Release or Withhold Directory Information Form to the Office of the Registrar. Requests for non-disclosure will be honored by the institution until the student submits a Request to Release or Withhold Directory Information Form to the Office of the Registrar.

No other information may be released without written consent of the student.  Grades, social security numbers, student identification numbers, ethnic backgrounds, and student schedules may not be released to anyone other than the student. Any student requesting his or her own personal information must do so in writing. No information will be released over the phone.

Parents, guardians, spouses, and others may have an interest in the student’s record; however, access to or release of the educational record is only by written student consent. Students may choose to complete and submit a FERPA Education Record Access Change Form to the Office of the Registrar to allow access or release of their educational record to specific individuals.

For more information to help parents or guardians understand how FERPA regulates access to their college student’s information, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.

Transfer Coursework from Another Institution

Academic transcripts will be evaluated from all colleges/universities previously attended for possible transfer credit to Jacksonville College according to the guidelines outlined in the Course Catalog

Courses transferred in will be included in the calculation of the cumulative grade-point average. If a course has been repeated, it is considered only one time, using the higher grade, for grade-point average calculation and for total hours completed.

If a student feels that a transcript was not properly evaluated based on the credit(s) shown or not shown on his/her Jacksonville College transcript, he/she may contact the Registrar’s Office for reevaluation.

Note: Transfer students with a low grade-point average may be subject to Scholastic Probation policies. See Academic Dean for details.

Information about Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer is for students who have already transferred to another two-year or four-year institution without having earned an associate degree at Jacksonville College. Reverse transfer allows students to transfer credits earned at other institutions back to Jacksonville College. The courses taken at other institutions are reviewed by JC who determines if the combination of credits earned meet the requirements for an associate degree by completing a degree audit. 

Advanced Credit/CLEP

Students may request advanced credit for courses by submitting the appropriate payment and Advanced Credit/CLEP form. The fee for advanced credit is $25.00 per semester hour; this cost is not covered by scholarship or financial aid monies. If credit is given, it will be posted on the student’s academic transcript at the end of the term of enrollment at Jacksonville College.

Credit will be shown as “CR” (“credit”) for each specific course. Such credit will not be used for calculation of grade-point average, but the hours will count toward graduation at Jacksonville College. A maximum of 15 hours will be given. A student cannot receive advanced credit for courses in which he/she is currently enrolled or has been previously enrolled.

Pre-Approval for Transfer Credits Back to JC

Current students who wish to take courses during the short sessions/terms at another institution and transfer back to JC for credit towards degree requirements need to complete a Pre-Approval of Transfer Credits form.

How to Audit a Class

Any student may audit a course by completing the appropriate Audit for NON-Credit form during the registration and add/drop period. The auditing student may then attend classes but is generally not required to take examinations and is not entitled to earn credit for the audited course. The tuition fee to audit a course is $50.00 per semester credit hour. Once a student chooses to audit a course, they cannot later ask to be changed to receive credit.

Information about Account Holds

Students may see a hold on their account when they log in to Empower. Each hold serves a different function and is placed by different offices. Common Empower Holds shows all holds that JC may apply to an Empower account and details the actions and areas the hold prevents the student from accessing as well as the office that assigns the hold.