TEACHING & LEARNING CENTER
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at Jacksonville College strives to assist students with their educational needs. The TLC provides quality tutoring in a distinctly Christian environment.
- One-on-one and Group Tutoring (walk-ins)
- Study Groups (walk-ins & scheduled)
- Student Testing (tests provided by instructors)
- Student Make-up Work (provided by instructors)
- MLA Style and Documentation
- Audio/Visual Preparation Assistance
- Written and Oral Communication Technology Assistance (Speech, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Organization for Academic Writing: Essay, Summary, Literary Review, Research Writing, Resume’, etc.
- Assistance with Access to Texshare Databases and Other Internet Sources
- Online tutoring services using Google Meet
HOURS & LOCATION
- Monday – Thursday
- 9:30 – 11:30 am and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Located in Orr Annex Study Center
Online tutoring is now available using Google Meet for all currently registered students.
Connect via Computer:
Must have camera on computer and be signed into JagMail account
- Open Jacksonville College website
- Click on “Academics Tab”
- Scroll to “Teaching and Learning Center”
- Click “Google Meet” button
- You can use the following link on your computer to open directly to the TLC: https://meet.google.com/kop-kfzw-ska
Connect via Cellphone:
You can install the Google Meet app on your cell phone by using the following directions:
- Open APPS
- Type “Google Meet”
- Click “Hangouts Meet by Google”
- Click icon cloud
- Click “Open” on “Team Video Meetings on the Go”
- Click “continue”
- Click “OK”
- Sign In
- Choose account
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kop-kfzw-ska
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 385-404-1020 and enter this PIN: 556 779 004#
Notice the tutor can see and hear you immediately; however, the microphone must be open in order for tutors to hear you. Also, there is a chat bar to use if you do not have a microphone.
Several students may enter the meeting together and may remain or leave the meeting anytime during the times available for tutoring.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to send documents and/or receive information from tutors.