After a three year hiatus, music has returned to Jacksonville College. According to President David Erickson, “When I became President last year, restarting music at the college was one of my priorities. I didn’t know how we would do it, but music is a key part of church life and therefore raising up the next generation of those who will lead music in our churches is a critical mission for a Christian college.”

“All I did was pray for months,” recounted Erickson. “Then one day a former JBC choir director called me to let me know he was moving back to Jacksonville and he wondered if there was a way he could help the college.” Mr. Tim Timmons was quickly hired as the new Director of Music and he set out to recruit music students. After months of effort, Timmons has assembled the new Jacksonville College Singers. Now when you enter the Gerald Orr Music Annex, you once again hear voices lifted up in praise to God.

The JC Singers will be singing at the BMA of Texas annual meeting in November. They have a few engagements available next Spring. Churches interested in hosting the JC Singers should contact Tim Timmons at 903-586-2518 or ttimmons@jacksonvillecollege.edu.