All books in the general collections circulate for two-weeks, unless on reserve. A book may be
renewed for a two-week period if needed. Audio-visual Resources (DVD, CD, VHS) may be
checked out for one week, unless on reserve. Reserve books, audio-visual resources may
only be checked out one day. Reference, periodicals, textbooks, calculators, laptops and
archive materials are for in-house (in library) use only.
Check Out Process:
1. Bring material and student ID card to the Circulation Desk.
2. Technician will scan the student ID card and the bar code on the material being checked out.
3. Technician will record the appropriate due-date on the date due slip. When returning materials
please drop in the book drop at the Circulation Desk.
4. To renew: bring the material and student ID to the Circulation Desk.
We ask that you do not re-shelve any materials, please return to the librarian at Circulation Desk.
- Lost Materials- Lost materials are charged according to the cost to replace material. This cost
will be charged to the student account.
Computer & Internet Usage:
- All computer users must let the librarian on duty know that they need to use a computer.
- Computer and Internet services are provided by the Jacksonville College Norman Library to aid students, faculty, and staff in doing research, obtaining information, and aiding in the educational process.
- For complete Computer and Internet Policy see the Student Handbook.
Printing, Copying, and Fax/Scans Cost:
Black and White Prints: .10 cents per page single sided & .15 cents per page double sided.
Color Prints: $1.00 per page single sided & $1.75 per page double sided.
The College adheres to the United States copyright law. Under given circumstances, certain materials may not be legally copied. Refer to the Jacksonville College Student Handbook for the student copyright policy.