Transfer Student

Application Checklist

Our Admissions Office will walk you step by step through the application process to make it as simple as possible.

After you submit a completed application, follow the checklist below to finish the admissions process. When you have finished all items on the checklist, you’ll need to contact an advisor and register for classes.

You cannot enroll in classes until all required documents have been received and approved by the Admissions Office.

Note: If you are currently a student at another college or university and want to just take a class or two this upcoming term or session at Jacksonville college, please visit the ‘Transient Student’ admission page

Step 1: Apply
Step 2: Apply For Financial Aid
Step 3: Evidence of Meningitis Vaccination
Step 4: Final documents
Step 5: Student Housing
(if living on campus)

Step 1: Apply

Include official transcripts for ALL colleges attended, regardless whether credit was received or not.

FASFA: Complete your FAFSA (Jacksonville College code: 003579).

SCHOLARSHIPS: Print and complete your designated scholarship application form.

If you’re not sure if you qualify for a scholarship, no problem. Simply print any form you believe you may qualify for. The Director of Financial Aid will assist you in receiving the award best fit for you.

Residency Info: Complete the Oath and Residency Information form (for Texas residents ONLY).

Step 3: Evidence of Meningitis Vaccination

The State of Texas has passed a new law (HR 4189) that requires all first-time freshmen and transfer students under the age of 22 to have a vaccination against bacterial meningitis.

One of the following is required:

  • Evidence that the student has received the vaccination (student must have received vaccination at least 10 days prior to living on campus) must be submitted in one of the following formats:
    • A document bearing the signature or stamp of the physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel
    • An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority (must include the month, day, and year the vaccination was administered)
    • An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state (must include the month, day, and year the vaccination was administered)
  • Evidence that the student is declining the vaccination must be submitted in one of the following two formats:
    • ​An affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is state that, in the physician’s opinion, the vaccination required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student
    • An affidavit signed by the student stating that the student declines the vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. A conscientious exemption form (“Affidavit Request for Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience“) from the Texas Department of State Health Services must be used.

Step 4: Final documents

Turn in all required documents. This must be done before you can register for classes.

Unofficial documents may be submitted via one of the following:

Fax: 903.541.4091


Mail: Jacksonville College
ATTN: Admission
105 B.J. Albritton Drive
Jacksonville, TX 75766

*Official documents must be mailed or electronically sent through Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse directly to Jacksonville College (ATTN: Admission).

Priority deadline for Fall admission is June 1. Priority deadline for Spring admission is December 1. You may apply after these dates, but you must work quickly to have all requirements/documents turned in before the start of each term.

 If you plan to live on campus, you must complete the following requirements to be guaranteed a bed on campus. If you do not complete these requirements, you will be placed on a waiting list.

Transfer Student FAQ

Will I Get Transfer Credit?

Academic transcripts will be evaluated from all colleges/universities previously attended for possible transfer credit to Jacksonville College according to the guidelines outlined in the Course Catalog

Courses transferred in will be included in the calculation of the cumulative grade-point average. If a course has been repeated, it is considered only one time, using the higher grade, for grade-point average calculation and for total hours completed.

If a student feels that a transcript was not properly evaluated based on the credit(s) shown or not shown on his/her Jacksonville College transcript, he/she may contact the Registrar’s Office for reevaluation.

Note: Transfer students with a low grade-point average may be subject to Scholastic Probation policies. See Academic Dean for details.

What Should I Know If I’m An International Transfer Student?

International students who are transferring from another U.S. institution to Jacksonville College must have completed at least one semester of work at the transfer institution and have permission from the transfer institution to relocate to Jacksonville College. Non-immigrant alien students who have an I-20 from Jacksonville College must enroll as full-time students (15 semester hours or more) and must maintain this status throughout a Fall or Spring semester. Part-time students at Jacksonville College for a Fall/Spring semester must be enrolled full-time at their parent institution and have the permission of the parent institution to attend part-time at Jacksonville College.

“I completed the application checklist. What now?”

Be sure to check with Admissions a few business days after completing the checklist to verify everything was submitted properly and nothing is missing. A single missing document can prolong admittance, so be sure to complete the checklist in a timely manner.

Unofficial documents may be mailed, uploaded to Empower, or scanned and emailed to the contact information below. Official documents must be sent directly to Jacksonville College (ATTN: Admissions) from the originating organization.

Other Application Checklists

First-Time Students

If you’ve never attended a college or university.

Transient Students

If you attend another college and only want to take a few courses at JC.

Non-Degree Seeking

If you just want to take a few classes without pursuing a degree.

Dual Credit Students

If you’re a high school student and want to take classes for dual credit.